Wednesday, December 19, 2007


It was so warm a few weeks ago that our clematis, thinking winter was over and spring was here, burst into bloom. Things have changed this week. It has been in the 20's overnight and not much above 50 degrees during the day. The pretty flowers are gone until spring really does arrive.

The holidays are almost here and I have to say I've been occupied with finishing up projects for my Etsy.com site.

I've made dolls and teddy bears and other toys off and on for years. Usually for a friend or at the request of someone who had seen one of my dolls. They are a lot of fun and encourage creativity. Trying to achieve a face for a particular doll which matches what you think she should look like takes time and much thought.

I'm adding a doll to my etsy site (www.GinnyOriginals.etsy.com) on Saturday, Dec 22. Her name is Fiona and I think she looks great, just what I hoped for. She is 16 1/2" tall, has brown mohair hair. Her face is hand painted and her arms and legs bend through the use of a large bead as a joint. Here is a preview.








The picture at the end of this post is of one of our magnolias in bloom this past spring. I love them. Many people don't share my enthusiasm because they can be messy. They do shed a lot of huge, brittle leaves that have to be swept up and hauled away. But that minor inconvenience wouldn't alter my love for them.




I hope your holidays are all you wished them to be.