Tuesday, July 31, 2007


More orchids from the Botanical Gardens


I mentioned in my last post that our dog, Bailey, was having some problems which were turning him into a very nervous pup. We, no, I, thought another pet would help. There were problems with that solution. One being that our past experience with kitties had been with high-energy Abyssinians. We loved them but there were times when it was tough to remain a loving owner. They were beautiful but willful and extremely destructive.

I had seen a bunch of kittens which were up for adoption at our vet's and had mentioned them to my husband. He was not interested.

Time went by and Bailey's funk seemed even worse. It was time to go back to the vet's for more medicine. The last kitten in the litter was still there. He is a little Siamese mix and very cute. Mike, my husband, had seen him too and said it was okay to adopt him if I wanted to.

I did want to and so we did.

Life will never be the same. Bailey has got something to do now. He follows the kitty around and keeps him out of trouble, or tries to. He is frequently exhausted. Raising a kitten is a tough job. But, I think these two will be great friends when the little guy grows up a bit.

They already spent some time together during one of the worst thunderstorms I can ever remember and it did seem to help Bailey. He was still terrified, but so were we.

Here he is. His name is Izzy.