Wednesday, August 29, 2007








I went home last week. Home for me isn't the place I was born or the place where I have lived the longest. It is the place my parents called home for 45 years and the spot I always retreated to when life threw me for a loop. The place I went to be happy or to heal. West Virginia is that spot.



I hadn't been back since the day I flew to Morgantown to be with my Mother in the hospital following her surgery and to take her to her new home in Santa Fe, NM, when she was released. It had been 12 years and it could have been a very weird visit. There is no family home to return to. It was sold a long time ago. My parents are both deceased.

But it wasn't weird or sad at all. I still have the best friends there and they and some new people I met made me feel right at home.



I'm very happy here in Athens, GA but it is so nice to know that I can go home again if only for a visit.

The pictures are of the mountains. Oh how I love those mountains.



Enjoy.