Tuesday, April 24, 2007




I prepared a warp for my new loom and finished warping my other loom, the 4 harness Leclerc. I was feeling pretty proud of myself until I realized that I had made a mistake in threading the Leclerc. If you know anything about looms and how they work you know that is a terrible thing to have happen. I had carefully, I thought, written down the threading pattern and had done it perfectly. But, as I began to weave I noticed an interesting thing, the pattern I thought I was weaving was not to be seen. I studied the whole process I'd gone through and that was when I found the error....an error that was repeated throughout all 590 threads.

There was nothing to do but take it apart and start all over. That means cut it off, unthread all 590 heddles and rethread the entire loom.

I'm humbled but threading away. My goal is to produce cloth in U of GA colors, red and black, and turn that cloth into things I hope to sell to loyal fans of the university.

I have much to do before that happens.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of flowers I hope you enjoy.