Thursday, October 11, 2007



The aftermath of a brief thunderstorm. Impressive but not much rain fell.

If you haven't already heard, Georgia is in the midst of the worst drought we've seen in over a hundred years. Now that is not the reason I haven't added to this blog but it is a thing to worry and ponder about. Years of living in CA where northern CA got a bit upset at southern CA for failing to build water holding facilities have made me sensitive to water issues. Los Angeles and San Diego didn't think it was necessary to build big reservoirs when they could always count on sucking up all the water they needed from the Sierra snow run-off. Then came a period of not much snow and suddenly we were all fighting about water. Conservation was mandatory then and probably still is. I don't know if LA responded to the drought in a more pro-active way but I think they did. Now I have to wonder what the powers that be here were thinking when they failed to act in the first three or four years of our current drought. We are within months of running dry unless the rains begin to fall. That is not a good place to be.

In the meantime, while worrying and waiting for rain, I've been weaving and sewing and getting ready to add my things to Etsy.com in hopes of generating some sales. Here are some pictures of the latest additions:




knitted of sari silk and fully lined




handwoven of red and black...UGA colors for a loyal fan..I hope


made of upholstery fabric and loaded with pockets and storage space


one of two felted bags





handwoven of wool and silk and fully lined...



And, last, a beautiful rural Georgia farmhouse. The picture was taken in a time when we were actually getting some rain.






I miss rain.